Questions about syscalls.cc

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:08:57 GMT 2022

1. Now that we're no longer building newlib's stdio64, am I right that we no
longer need to export aliases for _open64, _lseek64, _fstat64_r, and _stat64_r?

2. Do we need all those defines at the beginning of syscalls.cc?  I *think* I
understand the reason for the ones beginning with underscore: We don't want
newlib's prototypes for these functions because we're exporting aliases rather
than defining functions.  Right?  But what about fstat, lstat, pread, and
pwrite?  And why is stat different?

Ken