Problems with ssh/scp/sftp on a dual core Dell Latitude D820

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Fri May 26 19:00:00 GMT 2006

One Angry User wrote:
> On a rainy Friday, the 26th day of May, 2006, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
>
>> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 07:43:26PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>>> Disable the second core.  Cygwin seems to not work very well with SMP
>>> systems.
>> Also check the fan speed.  High RPMs cause vibration which has been
>> known to derail bits from the CPU.  If you open your case and see a lot
>> of "dust" that's probably extra lost bits caused by vibration.  Running
>> your fan at the wrong speed can eventually completely deplete your CPU
>> of bits, effectively turning it into a 16MHZ Z80.
>
> Ah, Z80...  Now, that brings back memories...

Yup, from High School. I wonder where my Z80 went to (last I checked
they were being labeled "TI-86" :-)).

Of course, I also have a Z80 (TI-86) emulator on my PC that sees -
marginally - more regular use.

--
Matthew
Feed the hippo. Love the hippo. Run from the hippo.