setting errno

Tim Taylor ttaylor@mitre.org
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I'm porting a program that sets errno if an operation fails.  However, in
the B20.1 errno is a macro that dereferences the pointer returned by a
function #define errno (*__errno())

What is the proper way to set errno in cygwin?

Based on comments I've read in the headers, it appears that the following
will work:

_REENT->_errno = xxx

Is this correct, or is there a more compatible or preferred way of doing this?
- Tim