Solved: Still trouble with IPC

Sun Feb 15 22:51:00 GMT 2004

Frank Wübbeling wrote:
> Looking at the cygwin sources, I realized that any access to cygserver is
> disabled unless I explicitly export CYGWIN="server=1". Doing this
> immediately solved my problems. Weird. Since cygserver is now the default
> IPC code, shouldn't the default for allow_server be "yes"?

Not until all of the software that is part of the distribution which
currently uses cygipc has been officially switched over to using
cygserver.  At present, this includes

   postgresql
   cygwin-xfree (all packages)
   xemacs
   GraphicsMagick
   ImageMagick
   gd
   ddd
   gv
   xaw3d
   openbox
   fvwm
   x2x
   lesstif
   xwinclip

I'm not sure how many of these directly use cygipc themselves, or just
need it because they're X programs, and XFree86 needs it.

--
Chuck