Problems configuring libgpg-error ?

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Wed Sep 29 03:34:00 GMT 2004

Hilton Fernandes wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> sorry if this was already discussed in the mailing lists, but i could
> not find it here.
>
> A small and supposedly simple library, named libgpg-error is
> responsible only for some constants in the context of gnupg and its
> associated library.
>
> Contrary to all my expectations, the configure step in cygwin gives
> the most strange errors.  But it runs fine in Fedora GNU/Linux !
>
> Why is that so ?  Is there any simple solution to this ?

I have a patched version online:
http://194.95.224.180/cygwin/gnupg/

In the -src archive is a buildscript and a patch, extract it and run the
script with the option 'all' to get a binary tarball and a new source
tarbhall, or just fetch the binary package.  If you run the script with
option 'prep' you get a pacthed source directory.  See the script for
the details.

Gerrit