lilypond-doc-2.4.3-1 using setup.exe 2.457.2.1 fails to display music images

John Sellers jsellers_nospam@sellers.com
Thu Apr 7 03:47:00 GMT 2005

For the last couple of versions of lilypond documents in cygwin, I do
not get music images.  Lilypond was recently updated to 2.4.3.-1 with no
correction of the problem behavior.

If there is a better place to report these, please e-mail me.  I have
done my best in determine where to post, but explinations use different
vocabulary than "problems with a particular package downloaded with
setup" when describing problem reporting conventions, so this is just my
best guess as to where to report the problem.

Lilypond docs has a large number of music graphics which are supposed to
display in examples, tutorials, and many other places.

NONE of these display properly.  Instead, the alternative text "_[image
of music]_" is displayed.

My starting point is to browse
F:\cygwin\usr\share\doc\lilypond-2.4.3-1\index.html which under
WindowsXP is redirected to
file:///F:/cygwin/usr/share/doc/lilypond-2.4.3-1/Documentation/out-www/index.html

Drilling down to any tutorial or other documentation showing music
notation displays the "_[image of music]_" text rather than the
appropriate graphic.  This behavior is seen in Firfox, Netscape 7.2, and
the current Internet Explorer.

I have WindowXP Professional which is up to date.
As of today, April 6, 2005, cygwin is completely up to date through
setup.exe 2.457.2.1.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest
version of Lilypond with no change in behavior.