1.5.21-2 - Problems with make and/or sh

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold@buddydog.org
Wed Aug 23 14:30:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 23 August 2006 13:26, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build YAZ: http://www.indexdata.dk/yaz/
>>
>> The ./configure works just fine, but when I try to make I
>> get the following error:
>>
>> *** 07:18 AM *** /g/projects/yaz/yaz-2.1.26 ***
>> make
>> Making all in src
>> /bin/sh: line 11: cd: src: No such file or directory
>
>> It's a very strange thing.
>
>   I just downloaded it and couldn't reproduce the problem, but I notice one
> thing in your cycheck output:
>
>> Path:	.
>> 	d:\MinGW\bin
>
>   You're just begging for trouble like that.

That's why I renamed MinGW to be MinGW.save, so I don't have that in my
path any more. Sometimes I need it, so I rename it back, but I haven't
done that in quite some time.

Here's another strange thing about it.  I use bash in an rxvt window. If
I Win-R (Run) bash, I can then cd to the YAZ folder, and do the same steps
and it works just fine - 'sh' and then cd to src works perfectly. But yet
from my rxvt window, it doesn't. Here's the line that starts my rxvt in
my startxwin.bat file:

%RUN% rxvt -title "Cygwin" -g 100x50+1104+0 -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

If I run bash using the same parameters, everything works fine.

--
Jonathan Arnold               (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Jiggle The Handle, a personal blog    http://jiggle.anaze.us

Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints