Process ends unexpectly

Marc/MDPI314 marc98@free.fr
Sun Jan 13 19:18:00 GMT 2008

>>> Okay, I will try to identify the "Dodgy application" and I keep you
>>> informed
>>> (because the only application listed I had was Logitech webcam , but
>>> cygwin still crashes after webcam uninstallation & suppression of all
>>> logitech files)
>>>

>>   I wonder if it uninstalled fully?  It is not unknown for a package
>> to leave a service behind if that same service might be used by other
>> packages from the same manufacturer (for example, norton make many
>> packages such as antivirus, antispam, firewall... they all make use
>> of a shared auto-update service.  When you uninstall one, it leaves
>> the autoupdate service installed in case the other packages might be
>> using it).  So I suggest it is worth checking in control panel ->
>> administrative tools -> services to see if it still shows the
>> "logitech process monitor" service; that's what causes the actual
>> problem with cygwin.  If it is there, you could try stopping and
>> disabling it to see if that fixes cygwin.
>>

>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>>
> In fact, I never had this Logitech service. But, as I've a Logitech
> webcam I thought the problem could be linked with it.
> I've already searched for any service, files or windows registry entry
> with "Logitech" name ... unsuccessful.
> Moreover, I have the same problem at my office computer, which has'nt
> any webcam device ^^
>
> Just in case, do you keep your Windows XP up-to-date with automatic
> updates ?
> I experimented some explorer or Visual Studio crashes since the lasts
> windows XP updates.... perhaps cygwin is also affected....
> I'm currently trying to update windows XP in a virtual machine, but it
> takes time ....
>
> I keep you informed,
>
> MDPI314

Sorry I forgot the mailing list ^^ I was only answering to Dave Korn ....

Just a message to notice that you must be patient for my script &
program test to crash .....
Previously I have waited for 1150 loops to see gcc crash. (And "rm"
command failed 6 times 'only' ^^)

I'm still installing lot of programs on my virtual machine but the
script doesn't want to fail :-(
grrrr I'll find it..........

My new script (with counters) :
#!/bin/sh