Making package installation default

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Sat Apr 3 03:12:00 GMT 2010

On 04/02/2010 04:46 PM, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
> On 4/2/2010 6:31 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>
>> I maintain a local repository of Cygwin (IOW I download to a local
>> directory and then install from there). I let others use my repository.
>> I want to make it such that OpenSSH and rxvt are installed by default
>> but when they run setup.exe and point it to my repository OpenSSH and
>> rxvt are set to skip by default. How do I change that.
>>
>> (I would research this first myself but right now I can't. Sorry).
>>
> Write a batch file which runs setup.exe using its command line options
> to point to your repository, select the additional packages, and run
> silently.  I did this with success using a full mirror hosted internally
> at the company for which I work.  You should be able to do something
> similar using your local repository; however, a full repository is nice
> to have too. :-)

That might be doable (What command line options would I need?) however
the people at work are a lot more point and clickly if you know what I
mean. I would think it should be possible to simply toggle on something
to say "Install this by default". I need to do some more research I
guess but if anybody has the answer handy...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it.