[SOLVED:] Re: make producing basename error that can't be captured by "make &> make.out"

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Fri Mar 2 11:29:00 GMT 2012

On 3/2/2012 2:06 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 3/1/2012 10:50 PM, Dave Korn wrote:

> I'll go and figure out some way to filter $(PWD) to be acceptable to basename.

Generally, getting " quotes around it will do the trick.
Over the years I have managed to make many of my scripts
safe for file and directory names that have spaces. It's
a pain, but generally possible ... Eliot Moss