Building modules for perl-5.24

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu May 18 18:16:00 GMT 2017

On 5/18/2017 1:21 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> I'd like to build test releases for perl-5.24 of the perl modules
>> needed by biber, so that I can upgrade biber (as a test release).  I
>> don't mind doing the work, but I imagine you have a script that
>> simplifies the process.  (Presumably you have to build and install the
>> prerequisites for a module before you can build the module.)  Can you
>> make that script available to me?
>
> I have built all modules for testing perl-5.24, but not saved them away
> at the time.  There were no changes needed to the cygport files, so you
> could use those from the source packages or you'll let me know what
> modules you need and I can package up the cygport and any patches for
> those.

I'm happy to get them from the source packages.  But I was asking how to
manage build prerequisites.  For example, perl-Data-Compare depends on
perl-File-Find-Rule.  So I have to build and install the latter before I
can build the former.  How do you handle this?  I was assuming that you
had written a script that helps with this.

 > Are there any new dependencies not yet in Cygwin?

I don't think so, but I'll let you know.

> Note that perl-5.26-RC1 is out now.  I'm currently waiting for RC2
> (there were a few things not quite right in RC1) and if that's OK on
> Cygwin I'll most likely skip releasing perl-5.24.

Sounds good.

Ken