Display text file using less in Cygwin terminal or xterm incorrect when lines are longer than window width

C Linus Hicks linush@mindspring.com
Sat Aug 14 14:39:28 GMT 2021

On Fri, 2021-08-13 at 22:37 -0600, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-08-13 22:05, C Linus Hicks via Cygwin wrote:
> > On Sat, 2021-08-14 at 12:59 +0900, Takashi Yano wrote:

> > > Then, could you please let us know the result of infocmp in the Linux
> > > machine you run the less obove in cygwin xterm?
>
> CentOS 7? xterm 295? ncurses 5.9?
>
> --
> Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
>
> This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
> too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
> [Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

Oracle Linux 7.4 frozen in time. I haven't been able to get them to apply any updates since these
machines went into service.

XTerm(363) -- from Cygwin

ncurses-5.9-13.20130511.el7.x86_64