Random assembler errors after update mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.35.2-1

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Feb 1 19:23:49 GMT 2021

Michael Soegtrop via Cygwin writes:
> I have some evidence that this update leads to random assembler
> errors. I have 3 CI failures (out of 5 runs) since the update in an
> open source project I maintain. The failure is always an error from
> the MinGW 64 assembler and the errors are random - that is if I rerun
> the same CI test the error went away in one of one tested case and in
> the failing cases the error happened compiling different files.

Unless you have something I can reproduce I'm afraid there's nothing I
can do.  You can try reporting upstream to see if somebody else has seen
someting like that before or try bisecting.

> I haven't seen anything like this before the update.
>
> Here are links to one failing and one good case:

None of them work for anybody who is not logged in to GitHub.

Regards,
Achim.
--

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: