[ANNOUNCEMENT] doxygen 1.9.2-1 (TEST)

Fri Sep 24 21:14:42 GMT 2021

On 2021-09-24 10:07, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
> On 9/24/2021 2:17 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>
>>> These have now been promoted from test to current.
>>
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> Package doxygen is missing a runtime dependency requirement on
>> epstopdf in texlive-collection-fontutils since 1.8.9 (2014-12-25)!
>
> Thanks for the report, Brian.  I've decided to fix this a different way,
> following Fedora.  Instead of adding dependencies to doxygen, I'm adding
> a new empty package doxygen-latex, which brings in all the dependencies
> that doxygen needs for producing LaTeX/pdf output.  It turns out that
> there are several of them, not just texlive-collection-fontutils.

That's exactly the same approach as Debian;
I couldn't find anything like that under Fedora RPMs:
doxygen.spec just lists a bunch of Requires: tex(latex) type entries.
Is there some other source of truth about Fedora packages than
https://src.fedoraproject.org/projects/rpms/ or some other way of
interpreting tex() requirements?

You could now define doxygen-latex as CATEGORY=virtual to avoid calm
warnings, which sometimes are public and annoying to all uploaders.

You could also go the other way, as OpenSuSE appears to have --disable-d
and dropped both latex dependencies and building doxygen-doc:
"Kill doxygen-doc subpackages the latex deps keep growing while it is
really easy to download the generated pdfs from upstream".
[I can't really blame them, as an ~30MB package should not need to drag
in ~0.5GB of other stuff to produce output.
I feel sorry for those, such as students working from home or
apts/flats, on non-broadband, limited, or metered networks.]