[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: git-filter-repo v2.34.0-1

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Sun Jun 26 18:52:38 GMT 2022

git-filter-repo v2.34.0-1 has been uploaded, and should be coming soon
to a mirror near you.

>From the upstream project description:

> git filter-repo is a versatile tool for rewriting history, which
> includes capabilities I have not found anywhere else. It roughly falls
> into the same space of tool as git filter-branch but without the
> capitulation-inducing poor performance, with far more capabilities,
> and with a design that scales usability-wise beyond trivial rewriting
> cases.  git filter-repo is now recommended by the git project instead
> of git filter-branch.

Thanks to James Morris who did most of the packaging work here; I just
stepped in to complete the final few bits :)