New to cygwin list. How to request or assist with a package update?

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Sun Nov 27 15:16:32 GMT 2022

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 01:03:27PM -0500, Mark Murawski wrote:
> Hi!
>

> What would the best way to go about getting an updated build of a specific
> package?
>
> Right now I'm particularly interested in getting the latest version of
> terminator.
>

> Terminator Terminal Package:
>
> Latest in Debian: 2.1.2-1
>
> Latest in cygwin: 0.98-1

The maintainer for Terminator, Mike DePaulo, hasn't been active on the
Cygwin mailing lists for some time, as best I can tell; someone else was
asking similar questions at [0], for example.

[0]: https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2022-March/251047.html

If you're interested in creating an updated package, either as a one-off
or by adopting the package and maintaining it going forward, I'd suggest
taking a look at the package maintainer instructions at [1], which
should hopefully give you pointers about how to get started with
building and packaging things for Cygwin.

[1]: https://cygwin.com/packages.html