Cygwin 'cp' command is still slow after Cygserver is installed

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@Shaw.ca
Fri Apr 14 19:09:54 GMT 2023

On 2023-04-14 08:10, Derek Pagel via Cygwin wrote:
> Could be long ACL lists with many unique ACEs that need looked up on AD,
> and/or slow ADCs, and/or slow AV, and/or slow net:
> for each file show the outputs of
> 	$ ls -dl $f
> 	$ getfacl $f
> 	$ icacls "`cygpath -m $f`"
> and also attach as text, the output from strace on the cp command, as it will
> show the timing and delays e.g.
> 	$ strace -o cp-strace.log cp ...

> I couldn't run strace on the Cygwin command because the issue is really
> intermittent. I did have another Cygwin cmd, 'mv', that was hung so I ran the
> commands below on the file it was trying to move:
> D:\lsenv\law\lsapps\edi\work>ls -dl valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp
> -rwxrwxrwa   1 Administrators   INFORBC\Domain Users        749 Apr 13 valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp
> D:\lsenv\law\lsapps\edi\work>getfacl valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp
> getfacl: valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp: No such file or directory
> D:\lsenv\law\lsapps\edi\work>icacls "`cygpath -m valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp"
> 'cygpath -m valid_ediout.20230413113258.tmp; The system cannot find the file specified.
> Successfully processed 0 files; Failed processing 1 files

Looks like the ACL has not been written, so the incoming ACEs are still being
looked up (and/or maybe inherited)?
Where was that file moved from and what were the files' permissions and ACLs
before and after?

Anyone know what execute permission *a* means? -rwxrwxrwa [above]

--

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry