getVolInfo question

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Dec 7 15:35:29 GMT 2023

Hi Corinna,

I have a question about this tool getVolInfo that has recently "made the news".

Just updated my version to the latest and tried it on my drive C:, and specifically this is what bugs me:

$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo.exe .
SectorInfoFlags    : 0x03
  SSINFO_FLAGS_NO_SEEK_PENALTY      : FALSE
  SSINFO_FLAGS_TRIM_ENABLED         : FALSE

I presume the values shown are described here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-fscc/3e75d97f-1d0b-4e47-b435-73c513837a57

But my drive (well, all NTFS) does have TRIM enabled:

$ fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify
DisableDeleteNotify = 0

Which is also confirmed by other tools... (like SSD "dashboards" etc.)

Thanks,

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI